Week 7: Interactions and Nonlinearities in Regression
- Sections 4.3 of Quantitative Social Science.
- Complete “QSS Tutorial 6: Prediction II” and upload the PDF report you produce at the end of the tutorial to Gradescope (see link at the top of this page) by Monday, October 19th 11:59pm ET.
- If you have any issues opening the tutorial, please see the instructions on how to install the tutorials.
- Exam 1 is due at 11:59pm ET on Wednesday, October 21, 2020.
Lecture Video 16: Varying Effects by Groups
Lecture Video 17: Interactions with Continuous Variables
Lecture Video 18: Nonlinear Relationships
- Slides with base R solutions: Slides
- Slides with tidyverse solutions: Slides
- Zoom Recording (Go to “Cloud Recordings” Tab)
- Video of Prof Blackwell’s base R solutions: Note that in the Zoom recording for the Tuesday base R meeting, I forgot to begin recording again for Question 3, so definitely look at this link for how to complete that question.