Week 9: Random Variables & Large Samples
- Sections 6.3-6.4 of Quantitative Social Science.
- Complete “QSS Tutorial 8: Probability II” and upload the PDF report you produce at the end of the tutorial to Gradescope (see link at the top of this page) by Monday, November 2nd 11:59pm ET.
- If you have any issues opening the tutorial, please see the instructions on how to install the tutorials.
- Problem Set 3 is due on Wednesday, November 6th at 11:59pm ET.
Lecture Video 22: Random Variables
Lecture Video 23: Probability Distributions
Lecture Video 24: Expectations, Variances, and Sample Means
Lecture Video 25: Large Samples and the Normal Distribution
- Polling data:
polls_2020.csv(note that I updated the data to include the actual results so some of the variable names have changed. See the tidy solution slides for the new variable names.)
- Slides with base R solutions: Slides
- Slides with tidy solutions: Slides
- Zoom Recording (Go to “Cloud Recordings” Tab)